The New Guy is a strange anthropomorphic red umbrella ghost-like creature with two sets of feet and a taste for lounge music. He lives in a Warehouse, He appears periodically and makes a flapping noise. He also seems to have an obsession with Skillet as his house is covered with pictures of the chinchilla. He once kidnapped Skillet, bound and gagged him and hula hooped in front of him. The New Guy often plays "Princess Cruiser" by Tongo Hiti on a record player. It seems to mesmerize or otherwise mentally incapacitate those who hear it.
The New Guy is colored red, shaped like an umbrella, three lines on him, with two legs, colored green and blue, two little stick-finger arms, and he has two yellow eyes.
Alliances & Friendships
The New Guy was obsessed Skillet back then considering he would follow the chinchilla around kidnapping him by torturing him with his song seen in the third episode. While his friendships with Mouse, Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop and the Eye are not really known, the New Guy was one of the many characters that help Fitz escape the simulation and he also defeated some Tie-Bots summoned by Shark and the Rectangular Businessman in the special. He also befriended Francis in "Francis, Cheap & Out of Control".
The New Guy dislikes Shark and the Rectangular Businessmen like all the other protagonists, as what's worse is that he was kidnapped by them in "Eighteen" and Shark ate him making his song appear as the insides of his moth and body. The New Guy also dislikes the Clock due to his actions in "Bowtime", though in the third season he did get a dangerous job from the Industry Man at Shyd Industries, though the job is never revealed.
- "Adventure Mouse"
- "Surgery Circus"
- "Booger Haze"
- "Farewell" (deceased)
- "Francis, Cheap & Out of Control"
- "Because They Could" (flashback)
- "Reveal" (cameo)
- "Prime Time Nursery Rhyme" (cameo)
- The New Guy species has an unknown origin, as he is a umbrella/ghost like creature, his umbrella like is very different from a real umbrella mixed with a ghost like ability.
- He was used as a umbrella for Fitz on a few occasions and once for the Industry Man.
- Its possible that The New Guy has a crush/romantic interest with Skillet as he is obsessed with the chinchilla most of the time.
- Anytime the New Guy listens to music, he reveals his stick-finger like arms while he spawns a hula-hoop and dances with the said hula-hoop.
- The New Guy is been shown to sleep like a dog as he has a dog bed he sleeps on.
- We never see his insides, his legs are shown inside him, it was only seen once in "Bowtime".
- He has the ability to produce his favorite song in "Eighteen".
- The New Guy's design resembles Blinky the red ghost from the Pac-Man video game franchise.
- The smaller version of New Guy in "Invictus" is voiced by Mike Lazzo, the former vice president of Adult Swim.
- Before he had a voice in "Invictus", the New Guy never spoke any words in the original series.
- In "Awaken", he is revealed to have a closet full of clothes of himself.
- New Guy and Peanut Cop are the only allies of Fitz in "Invictus" that don't appear in the third season finale "Final Beginning", the latter was killed in "Here We Come", and the New Guy doesn't again after "Prime Time Nursery Rhyme."