|Season N/A, Episode (special)|
|Air date||October 14th, 2018|
|Written by||Matt Maiellaro|
|Directed by||Matt Maiellaro|
Enter the Sandmouse
Francis, Cheap & Out of Control
Invictus (stylized INVICTUS) is a 12 oz. Mouse special that aired on October 14th, 2018. The episode marks the return of 12 oz. Mouse after 11 years, due to the last episode airing in 2007. After this special aired, the series was greenlit for 10 more episodes that were aired in 2020.
At the start of the special, Fitz is shown in the real world, as it is unknown how he got out of Shark's simulation. He starts to play with a peppermint looking yo-yo that is similar to the Bow-Tie Bots. He continues to play as a human version of the eye appears, watching him perform many stunts with his yo-yo. Once he is finished showing off his tricks, we see that he is living a happy lifestyle and he regularly has short therapy sessions with his shrink, as they communicate through Fitz's computer. The therapist is secretly Shark, who has put on a lousy woman disguise. S(he) has been helping Fitz cope with his crazy dreams about "cardboard cities, flying bowties and screeching chinchillas." The therapist tries to play off these experiences as dreams. She has been sending him large amounts of pizza, with pepperoni that later crawls out of the pizza boxes to make a "Pepperoni Wave" in Fitz's attic. Later, while Fitz is sleeping, the spider appears. Fitz calls an exterminator to take care of the beast. Fitz gives him a machine gun to kill the creature. The exterminator crazily shoots the gun as he chases the spider through the house, with the creature slipping into crevices. The spider ends up jumping out of a window, as a portal glows in his mouth, teleporting him elsewhere. Fitz asks Buzby, the exterminator, what he owes him. He responds with "are you kidding? we owe you!" He tells Mouse that things are about to get more intense. The exterminator leaves by saying "He's listening."
After this incident, Mouse decides to board up his broken window. Shortly after, a cop car pulls up, revealing a human version of Peanut Cop. The cop acts stoned like usual. Fitz tells him that he has a session and must leave. Mouse goes back into his home, as his therapist is waiting for him. She asks Fitz "what are you doing...alive." The screen cuts to the attic, where the Pepperoni wave is growing larger as it is sending out signals. Eventually, Shark pops out of Fitz's computer and slowly comes in for a bite. Fortunately, Buzby enters the house and blows up Mouse's computer. The bee says "come with me if you want to live." They both ride in a motorcycle through the city streets as they make their way to Buzby's home.
The camera cuts to Shark's monitor room, where the Rectangular Businessman and Shark are both standing. The Square Being calls Shark a "bitch." The spider enters the room with a cast on his arm, as Shark scolds him by saying "I sent you out to do one thing and one thing only, and all you do is stand there not doing the thing I sent you to do." Shark reveals his Mind-Swapping Chair to Spider and Rectangular Businessman. The machine will enable him to swap minds with Mouse, and finally escape Q109. After he explains his plans, Shark reveals a monitor featuring Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop, Skillet, and the New Guy. They are seen sitting around a fire in the New Guy's Home.
Meanwhile, Golden Joe is currently worried about his the whereabouts of his crib, children and wife, Peanut Cop takes off his hat and says that he is a popsicle, Roostre tells Peanut Cop to stop turning into vegetables and listen to him, Roostre mentions Shark's got that machine than Roostre mentions that he used it to send Mouse a weapon, however, Golden Joe interrupts but Roostre isn't done talking about his plan, and claims that they have a way out of Q109 and where they belong. Peanut Cop responds with "what", Roostre mentions that yo-yo was made out of "string out of Amalockh's hair and the "yo' out of crushed bowties", which Golden Joe responds to, Roostre mentions "he will figure it out", and "he is there on the outside now and he is our only nope".
Fitz and Buzby arrived at Buzby's home and Buzby mentions "look at me man", and "what do you see", Fitz responds "why are we here", Buzby responds to "because were not there, there is you don't wanna be and he trying to get through, don't you understand", "I got through the pepperoni waves", Buzby presses a switch of an octopus-like machine showing a big blue orb related to the simulation depicting Skillet, Roostre, and the Shadowy Figure which Fitz responds to animal, and human but doesn't respond to the latter.
Bubzy claims Shark is using his mind to enter the real world which no one wants to happen, Fitz claims Shark is his therapist, not an actual Shark but Bubzy claims Shark is not a woman but dressed up like a Woman and his "worst nightmare", and Fitz's life was an experiment, and claims "you got out and control him and now he wants revenge", and "he wants out". The screen fades to black.
The next screen shows space with light and little stars in the middle, as Fitz mentions that "a part of me thinks I know better I worked for Intel investing a roman foreign scientist who developed altered dimensionation" and "It enable man to move into the future to withstand devastation but my wife told me to quit".
Fitz claims it's too late he thinks, Buzby knows more than he knows and thinks and his wife all was a memory plant, "wifeo, no existo, fakeo, all braino", then Fitz mentions altered dimensionation was destroyed cutting to the space background and his friends; Roostre, Golden Joe, Peanut Cop, Skillet, and New Guy were actually stuck the world of the Q109 simulation which was made by a roman foreign scientist (Dr. Sharktian, simply known as Shark) and the project was funded by a the RBM, who was rich, and totally square, but called a "total a-hole". Bubzy claims who got stuck in Q109, as Fitz mentions that everyone in his division, including himself.
Buzby knows that there getting on to something which Fitz doesn't know anything about this. Bubzy claims Q109 is imploding and his friends need help to escape which the world needs Fitz's help. The screen switches to Fitz, but claims that he doesn't want to go back.
Buzby reveals he has to hear it through "Shark's pepperoni waves exchange", he claims its powerful while as no idea and says "Shark wants to tap into your mind to your path to freedom for his freedom", "Shark comes in the now he will overtake what you know as Earth", Fitz responds to "well if it is true but we don't know how to back there", Bubzy claims that he got's a map somewhere, a button, switch or a key, however, Fitz mentions "what about Clock", but Buzby pulls Fitz up to the side to mention the Clock, however, the pepperoni alarms have gone off, which causes a signal which Shark discovers on the monitor, and presses a button to say goodnight to Mouse and Buzby, claiming "shitty dreams", which causes an explosion sending Buzby and Mouse through space and time to Q109, while the latter's mustache being removed.
Shark asks Rectangular Businessman to go the asylum where Mouse's friends are at taking them out meaning resistant, blowing up his pathway, "excuse for being smarter than you", as Shark claims the explosion was actually a decoy, and Buzby was actually traitor that knows that Shark and Rectangular Businessman are working together, Rectangle Businessman calls him "scary catfish", and gets an answer from an unknown voice from his speaker to take Mouse's friends out.
The next scene shows five laser balls that take out Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop and Skillet. Fitz and Buzby come and were too late and he is so sorry for this incident. Fitz claims Skillet was the best drummer he ever knew and his beat would not go on. After seeing that Fitz's friends were knocked out, Buzby uses his stinger to knock Mouse down and claims "power to me, increase my tin, feel the rush". The next scene depicts Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop and Skillet as decoys of themselves with wind-up keys attached to them.
The Rectangular Businessman appears to tell him calm down and breath and beat his wings, Buzby complains more the square gives a new name, which being "failure" and give him away home. Eventually, the Rectangular Businessman, Buzby and an injured Fitz teleport to Shark's Office.
Then the screen pans to the decoys to real versions of Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop, and Skillet revealed to be alive, and the New Guy, with the latter dancing to Princess Cruiser. Roostre hates being the asylum with a dancing New Guy, Golden Joe mentions the Corn-droid saving their lives. Peanut Cop mentions who the and that he is a droid, Roostre tells everyone to "stop dicking around" due to Fitz being kidnapped being serious, and to save him from Shark's machine so they can escape Q109 and not Shark which Golden Joe complains to Roostre for not telling them five minutes ago, and Skillet knows what going to happen if Shark gets Mouse to the mind-swapping chair first. Roostre then turns off the music for it to be cricket code.
Buzby has Mouse Fitzgerald and gives him to Shar, who puts him in the Mind-Swapping Chair while Shark enters the chair after the RBM tells Buzby that he would eat food out of a tube due to Buzby having a large family since he is a bee and has to pee so badly. Buzby then flips the switch, and then sends a white ring in a black background and transitions to a orange fur cat with the eyes on fire. This switch causes Shark to have Fitz's own voice, and personality, and wanting a hunk of cheese, which the RBM thinks its "boring". The two then leave the building, and leave Buzby behind with Fitz to escape via door out of Q109.
Meanwhile, Golden Joe, Roostre, Peanut Cop, Skillet, and the New Guy ride on a magic carpet above the City singing a song and flying around in circles, while Joe doesn't understand what Skillet is screeching about, who tells them that Fitz is down in the city, and which they eventually land on the ground, and the Clock teleports to them on a wall.
Roostre then uses binoculars to see places in the city, while New Guy rips his body into a smaller version of himself, which can technically speak in words. Roostre is then surprised about this, and the small New Guy claims that the town is made of pizza boxes, and the Man-Woman reappears with a red ball that she playing has and asks about the Clock. Roostre claims that none of this is real and the time is the same, and Skillet then finds the Building where Fitz is located in. Everyone then enters the building to Shark's Monitor Room.
As everyone enters the said building, Buzby notices all of his friends, and comes to the Man-Woman to flirt with her who transforms into a man. Roostre notices that Fitz is in the Mind-Swapping Chair, as Buzby talking about Shark and the Rectangular Businessman, about them and the chair to Roostre. Roostre tells him to flip the switch on chair, which he does flip as Fitz's old memories are showed via flashbacks. Fitz is now back, however, he has Shark's own voice, and he is different while Golden Joe notices he is Shark and wants him light is ass up. Roostre still knows its Mouse and Skillet tells that Shark got out to the door to escape Q109.
Peanut then clarifies "when Sub-atomized systemic brain impulses are deconstituted and hit repeating negative electron cells that result in endoplasmic reticuloids that can be electronically transferred and artifically manifested into hence said subject, okay", Peanut Cop then starts chuckling. Fitz walks out while Roostre complains about who is getting out. Fitz then presses a button, which opens a collection of weapons behind the monitor set, and Skillet jumps on one of them but randomly gets shot.
Shark and the Rectangular Businessman escape the cardboard city to a ATM to punch a code into it, but Fitz and his friends show up to thwart their plans, but Shark and the RBM then release the Tie-bots, which then attack Fitz and co. One of them even gets on the face of Roostre, until it is destroyed by an explosion from Skillet via bazooka, but Roostre does become hairless, but gives a thumps up. Fitz encounters Shark, and points his two pistols at him, and claims that they are almost there and ready to get out instead of Shark, as he mentions the door to escape Q109, as Shark asks if he just wants come with them and get sandwiches but instead Fitz wants to fight with him, to Fitz hitting his head with his yo-yo's, which leads him to killing Shark with the said yo-yo's and pulls out of his brain, which resembles a fish, which he eats, and brings back his own mind and voice.
Meanwhile, Buzby destroys all of the Tie-bots, and the RBM is held gunpoint by Joe, and the said businessman is then almost killed by the Cyber-Green-Sweatered Woman. After that, Fitz and co. can now enter the door to escape Q109, but no one knows how, except his own yo-yo's can do the trick, as suggested by Roostre. Fitz uses the yo-yo's to the said door, which opens up a portal, which sucks up everyone, except for Skillet and Clock. The special ends with the Clock moving towards Skillet, with the latter playing the drums on a drum set.
- Mouse Fitzgerald (Seth Green, Matt Maiellaro) (credited as Baron Victor Von Hamburger IV)
- Human Eye (Nick Ingkatanuwat)
- Shark (Rita Morales, Adam Reed)
- Man-Woman (Bonnie Rosmarin)
- Buzby (Dana Synder)
- Human Cop (Nick Weidenfeld)
- Rectangular Businessman (Kurt Soccolich)
- Golden Joe (Vishal Roney)
- Roostre (Scott Luallen)
- Peanut Cop (Nick Weidenfeld)
- New Guy (Mike Lazzo)
- Rhoda (cameo)
- Liquor (cameo)
- Bug (cameo)
- Cyber Green-Sweatered Woman (Melissa Warrenburg)
- Amalockh (small cameo)
- Pronto (small cameo)
- The Shadowy Figure (cameo)
- Bow-Tie Bots
- Hovervacs (small cameos)
- Human Citizen (small cameo)
- Woman Mouse (cameo)
- This special is rated TV-14-LV.
- When Fitz boots up his computer, he snacks on a corn dog, which is a continuity nod to the original series back in 2005 to 2006.
- Shark appears to be re-drawn in this special.
- The animation in this special is sleeker and overall, it looks better.
- It is unknown when this special takes place, due to multiple characters still being alive. Such as Shark, Rectangular Businessman, New Guy, and the Spider returning after they had been killed off in the final episodes of Season 2. The other characters that have returned after being killed off were the Man-Woman (who died in "Surgery Circus"), Peanut Cop and Golden Joe (who both disappeared in the Webisode), the characters trapped in the giant jars are Rhoda (who was killed in "Adventure Mouse"), Bug (who was killed in "Meaty Dreamy") and Liquor are all alive in the giant jars.
- Roostre remains alive and well and Cyber Green-Sweatered Woman also returns.
- It could be the lack of continuity, suggesting there is negative continuity, despite all of its continuity nods and references to previous episodes.
- Roostre remains alive and well and Cyber Green-Sweatered Woman also returns.
- Buzby is voiced by "Dana Snyder", the same actor for voicing Master Shake on Matt Maiellaro's other Adult Swim series, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and himself in Robot Chicken. He also voiced Granny Cuyler on Squidbillies and Baby Ball from Ballmastrz: 9009, which are two other shows on Adult Swim.
- Seth Green (creator of Adult Swim's, Robot Chicken) is the voice for Mouse in the real world while in Q109 when Mouse returns there he has the old Matt Maiellaro voice from the old series.
- In one scene, during the nighttime when a Human Cop is in a hole next to the Man-Woman, if you look closely at the moon in the sky, a small blue little orb can be seen for a little bit floating, it disappears when it goes to the moon.
- When Buzby flips the machine, Fitz's Flashbacks have come back to his memories and the flashbacks are shown, these flashbacks show footage from every previous episode in the original series (all except for "Enter The Sandmouse" (non-canonical), "Eighteen", "Meaty Dreamy" and "Signals"), the episodes go in a reverse they are "Prolegomenon", "Farewell", "Pre-Reckoning", "Corndog Chornicles", the clock and circle of stars appears for a brief moment, "Meat Warrior", "Enjoy The Arm", a scene of Mouse and Skillet playing instruments from "Auraphull" (however the scene took place during a music video based off the show's intro), "Booger Haze", "Surgery Circus", "Bowtime", "Adventure Mouse", "Spharktasm", "Rememorized", "Spider", "Roostre" and finally the first episode "Hired".
- The Swedish heavy metal band, Amaranthe performed the credits theme song for this special.
- The orange cat that appears in this special is credited as Roger The Cat, according to the credits.
- Melissa Warrenburg, the voice of the Green-Sweatered Woman, is credited, despite being the Cyber-Green-Sweatered Woman.
References & Allusions
- An another Adult Swim show called "Perfect Hair Forever" is referenced and has a screen of Uncle Grandfather's Temple from the series appears on one of Shark's Monitors.
- When Roostre says "he is there on the outside now and he is our only hope", the last part of the line "our only hope", is a Star Wars reference to dialogue between Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi on Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back.