|Francis, Cheap & Out of Control|
|Season 3, Episode 1|
|Air date||April 1, 2020|
|Written by||Matt Maiellaro, Corey Sherman|
|Directed by||Matt Maiellaro, Corey Sherman|
Plot:[edit | edit source]
A reporter heads to Cardboard City and has questions for everybody, but of course, we can’t get answers from anyone. Eventually, the poor guy gets shot at, but he doesn’t die though questions the reasoning. We get to see a bunch of familiar faces and see what everyone has been up to since the INVICTUS episode. Seems like everything’s rather status quo.
Characters/Cast:[edit | edit source]
- Mouse Fitzgerald (Matt Maiellaro)
- Eye (Nick Ingkatanuwat)
- Golden Joe (Vishal Roney)
- Man-Woman (Bonnie Rosmarin)
- Green-Sweatered Woman (Melissa Warrenburg)
- Roostre (Scott Luallen)
- Shark (Matt Maiellaro)
- Rectangular Businessman (Kurt Soccolich)
- Peanut Cop (Nick Weidenfeld)
- Francis (Corey Sherman)
- Human Citizens
- Buzby (Paul Painter)
- Aria (Mary Spender)
- Professor Wilx (Ned Hastings)
- Yellow Leader
- Yellow Bowties
- New Guy
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode was rated TV-MA-LV on April Fools Day, it's true rating is TV-14 LV.
- The episode's title is a reference to the 1997 movie called Fast, Cheap & Out of Control.
- A live-action man is seen in a window of a building at the beginning of the episode, this man is named Post Malone & he is used for the April Fools Prank, his appearance is removed in the final version of the episode.
- The City is called Cardboard City in this episode.
- The Eye is revealed to be still alive & he can close his eyeball, revealing his pink eyelid shut for the first time.
- Peanut Cop is revealed to be afraid of Lions, also he still is a firemen in this episode.
- Despite the fact that the episode aired after "Invictus", most of the continuity remains unknown and appears based on the original first two seasons of the show, like for example the Green-Sweatered Woman is back to normal & not seen in her terminator form, also some parts of the episode takes place at Shark's party from "Adventure Mouse" & "Bowtime", others take place at the Corndog Farm, mysterious Laboratory & small parts of the destroyed city from "Pre-Reckoning" & "Farewell".
- All of this must have been a part of a some April Fools Prank of some sort.
- This is Hand & Hovervac's first appearances since "Farewell" (Not counting a flashback of the Hovervacs in INVICTUS").
- The song "Beach Parade" by Armando Trovajoli from the Season 2 episode "Star Wars VII" is played again in this episode during the party.
- When The Hand is a DJ floating & wearing headphones while playing music at the party, if rubs The Clock as a disc the Human Citizens are electrified as their skeletons are visible & turn off & on.
- Buzby is revealed to have a brother named Louis that is a part of his bee family with small bees he hasn't touched in five years & Louis has stringed someone before, Louis did died after because he stabbed in the face with a knife.
- Buzby's voice actor Dana Snyder didn't come back to voice him in this episode, instead he is replaced by Paul Painter.
- Roostre's favorite foods are Corn-Dogs, Beer, Jerky, Corn-dog Jerky, Corn & Mustard.
- The footage played on the monitor of the laboratory of both the Woman & Blonde Long-Haired Man are footage of the Eye dancing, live action footage of a cat, dog & cat with a sandwich, a unknown person jumping up & down & a unnamed yellow leader with two yellow bow-tie like creatures yelling/talking to the audience.
- Shark's re-drawn design from the "Invictus" special is used.
- Unlike most of the episodes Shark is voiced by Matt Maiellaro, however oddly enough in "Invictus", he had Fitz's voice went his body & the body swap minds with each other.
- The yellow pools Shark & the Rectangular Businessman are in are shaped like the two.
- Shark reveals that if he wanted to be a animal besides a shark he would be a bigger shark.
- Shark is revealed to have a slot machine & a claw to pick up people with.
- The Backgrounds for The Rectangular Businessman's bank take place when the cardboard city is destroyed.
- The song used in the end is called "Freebird Your Mind" by the British singer Mary Spender who voices the Woman in this episode.
- Francis's Phone is shown with legs dancing during the "Freebird Your Mind" song.
- This episode is officially now released on Adult Swim's website in July.